Syllogistic Argument About The Coming "Messiah" (Daniel 9:24, 25)

Forum especially for visitors & guests.
Esoteric

Re: Syllogistic Argument About The Coming "Messiah" (Daniel 9:24, 25)

Post by Esoteric »

Hello Shiloh

Glad you joined us to speak with us again. We appreciate it. :D

I wanted to chime in with "Work4Jah," regarding this future event and this future coming person we are discussing.

Lets look at a few verses regarding this future Elijah/Messiah that the scriptures says comes before the "Great and fear-inspiring Day of God." (See Malachi 4:5, 6.).

Matthew 17:11 tells us ..."Elijah indeed, is coming and will restore all things".

This above cited verse shows this is a future event, to occur in the "last days" when spiritual "restoration" is greatly needed for the Christian Congregation. Therefore this person, who carries out this "restoration," could not picture Jesus, who we know exists in heaven today. (See Matthew 19:28; Acts 3:20, 21.)

Indeed, Jesus himself promised us, this particular person who is coming and referred to in Matthew 17:11, is also referred to in Malachi 4:5. 6, as "Elijah." We can also learn an important point from the scripture that tells us, this coming "Elijah," was NOT John the Baptist either. We remember John the baptist, did not "restore all things" during his brief 6 month ministry. Isn't that so.

indeed, John 1:21 ... Tells us us, the people point-blank asked John directly: "What, then? Are you Elijah? And he said: "I am not."

So the promised and predicted coming of Elijah/Messiah, who, was to "restore all things" will prove to be a Modern Day Prophet.
One who Jehovah uses to establish a Great Future Spiritual Temple in God's name. And will lead the Modern Day "nation of Israel"
back to God, away from apostasy, the UN NGO Modern day Spiritual "adulteress" sin! (See Isaiah 49:6; James 4:4.)

He will be the very last prophet God sends (future event) to mankind.

Deuteronomy 18:18,19 tells us,

"I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers; I will put my words in his mouth, and he will tell them everything I command him. (19) If anyone does not listen to my words that the prophet speaks in my name, I myself will call him to account."

He will send Elijah the Prophet before the coming of the great day of the Lord (future event).

Malachi 4:5,6 tells us,

"Behold, I will send you Elijah the Prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord"...

All these verses together point to the fact that there is going to be a coming future messiah, who is also referred to as "Elijah" who "restores all things," in the last days, while Jesus is in heaven. (Matthew 19:28; Acts 3:20, 21 NWT)

Hope this together with Work4Jah's post will help to answer your question.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon :)

Esoteric
Esoteric

Re: Syllogistic Argument About The Coming "Messiah" (Daniel 9:24, 25)

Post by Esoteric »

Hi all,

Here is a link to an excellent article using the simple illustration of "Apple Pie" to further explain what was to occur in the prophecy of Genesis 3:15: http://www.yorww.com/applepie.pdf

Esoteric